I know this picture isn't very clear, because it's a picture of a picture, but this our baby's first photo! We had our first ultrasound on February 28th, and that's when everything became really real. We saw the "baby" (more like lima bean) and heard the heartbeat, which was the coolest thing I've ever experienced in my life. When the tech zoomed in, you could see the heart beating, and then we got to hear it. It was so weird to hear that little heart pumping away, but not being able to feel a thing happening in my body.
150 beats per minute!
I was measuring in my 7th week, making my expected due date October 15th. I asked my Dr. where about the baby had implanted, because I had been nervous due to the whole bicornuate uterus thing. She told me that the ultrasound showed NO signs of a bicornuate uterus, and that the only real way to diagnose one is through an MRI. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that we won't have to deal with that at all!
Several days after my appointment, I got the results back from my blood tests and urine test, and EVERYTHING came back normal, even my thyroid levels! I'm supposed to keep taking my medicine every day, as it appears to be working!
Since the appointment, we've told our great news to more family and some close friends. We had our closest Lexington friends over for dinner the night of the ultrasound to tell them the news, and they were so happy. I already have people offering to let me borrow baby items and maternity clothes, which is very helpful and nice to have.
Everyone who knows we are expecting always asks me how I'm feeling. I'm experiencing what I like to call nighttime nausea. Around 5 or so, I not only get really tired, but I also start feeling sick. It helps if I eat 2 small dinners instead of 1 normal meal, so I'm trying to do that regularly to cut back on that sick feeling. I feel amazing in the morning and all throughout the day, so it's not so bad when I start feeling gross at night.
Right now, I'm just finishing my 9th week of pregnancy, which means (as I've learned from thebump.com) that my embryo is now officially a fetus! It's the size of a green olive, and probably weighs .07 oz and is .9 inches long. We're really excited for our next appointment on April 11th, because I'll be 13 weeks, officially at the end of my 1st trimester, and we'll be shouting from the rooftops that we're pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment